Marine Operations Specialist
INVISTA is seeking a Marine Operations Specialist in Wichita, KS.
The Marine Operations Specialist role is fast paced & dynamic. Successful candidates must be able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances, must be accurate and timely in their communications, and must be comfortable in a culture that expects challenge and debate.
This is a collaborative, entry level position that will require intellectual curiosity and attention to detail. This role involves support of our commercial schedulers and commercial buyers. You will work alongside the marine logistics team, supporting their plans, creating tools, and analyzing our logistics data.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with commercial scheduling team to achieve successful planning and order entry
- Lead & participate in cross functional projects, providing specific expertise that drives process excellence within our marine capability
- Collaborate with 3rd parties to ensure accurate inventory and timely execution of the plan
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with preferred partners and actively seek way to obtain and share knowledge with a contribution mindset
- Understand and analyze logistics costs, demurrage, inspection, etc. using a portfolio of automation tools
- Identify opportunities and advocate for transformation within the Business Operations team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Maritime, or other related degree or 1+ years’ experience in a supply chain, logistics, transportation, or business-related role
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of professional experience in logistics, transportation, supply chain or business-related role
- Previous experience leading a team
- Previous experience using data analytics tools such as Power Bi, Alteryx, Tableau
- Previous experience with an SAP/ERP system
- Previous experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM solution
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf