Our Guardian Glass facility in DeWitt, IA is seeking their next Production Operators and forklift drivers! As part of the Guardian team our employees enjoy a robust benefits package that includes three weeks of vacation, paid parental leave, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, holiday pay, and a 7% 401k match, and a work culture dedicated to helping empower employees and grow in their careers.
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more, visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Starting wages are $19hr, with an increase to $19.50hr at six months and $20hr at one year of service
Rotating 12 hour Shifts
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain alignment to our safety rules and guidelines. Employee safety is our first priority, always.
- Consistently demonstrate values and behaviors in alignment with our culture of Market Based Management
- Participate in driving continuous improvement for the department.
- Operate and troubleshoot equipment utilized during daily manufacturing
- Prepare final products for shipping and distribution
- Become proficient and fully qualified in assigned operation area (Cold End, Tempering or Coater).
- Understand and execute daily run schedules, resolve quality issues, report/escalate unresolved issues immediately
- Participate in setting team goals and managing job assignments
- Drive and meet quality standards
- Complete general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean work environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day, in a non-climate-controlled environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) or more years of experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Preventive and predictive maintenance experience
- A minimum of six (6) months of machine operator experience
- Forklift experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com