RELCO is recruiting for a Process Engineer to join to our engineering team. The role can report to the Willmar, MN or Stratford, WI office, and will entail travel up to 40% domestically to customer sites. We are open to discussion for experienced candidates to be home based. This position is not eligible for VISA sponsorship.
RELCO, a Koch Separation Solutions(KSS) company, is based in the Midwest region of the United States – the heartland of dairy and cheese. As an industry leader in evaporation, drying, cheesemaking equipment, and powder handling & packaging technologies, the acquisition of RELCO in November 2020 enhanced our capabilities and solutions offering in the food and dairy industries. RELCO also held a strong presence in Brazil, New Zealand, and the Netherlands, allowing KSS to connect with manufacturers around the world and provide integrated, complete process solutions through the combined power of evaporator, dryer, and membrane filtration technologies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform and/or approve engineering calculations and document them for powder handling systems and/or components
- Coordinate engineering activities as needed with Sales and Estimating Engineers in the design of potential powder handling projects
- Direct on-site commissioning of process equipment
- Approve project Process and Instrumentation Drawings and General Arrangement Drawings
- Prepare Functional Descriptions of the powder handling system for use by the automation group to program the controls system
- Read and approve the Sales Engineer’s quotation/contract as it pertains to process operation and scope of supply
The Experience You Will Bring
- Knowledge of dairy or food industry regulations
- Industry experience calculating or modeling design and size conveying systems
- Knowledge of bulk solids handling
- Knowledge of pipe routing and design in pneumatic conveying systems
What will put you ahead:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Science, or Chemistry
- 5+ years’ experience in powder handling areas such as dilute or dense phase conveying, powder storage systems, bulk bag and 25kg bag filling systems, dust control systems, and explosion suppression systems
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions, and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf