Data Governance Analyst
Guardian Industries has an immediate opening for a Data Governance Analyst. This role will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI. The Data Governance Analyst creates value by partnering with the information/data governance team in the formation and execution of data governance framework, policy, standards. This position assists in the implementation of an enterprise data governance program. Additionally, the Data Governance Analyst specializes in managing the information flow for organizations, including the integrity, efficiency, quality and availability of data.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop control structures within a simple environment to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes
- Ensure controls are in place over applications to ensure the data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with the business owners and IT
- Work with business partners to gather and understand functional requirements, develop complex queries and provide reports
- Document data defects using a bug tracking system (Azure DevOps) and report defects to appropriate staff and team members
- Monitor resolution efforts and track successes
- Apply knowledge of best practices in data analysis to include data quality KPI reporting
- Create or maintain databases of known data defects
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical skills, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving
- Use logic and reasoning to identify alternative approaches and eager to learn new skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in data governance OR a current employee of a Koch company with experience in data project management and/or data analysis
- Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Statistical methods and tests experience
- Experience in Azure DevOps and/or Agile techniques
- Experience using one or more of the listed reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Looker)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf