Finance Data Manager
Molex is seeking professionals to support our finance data initiatives. The Finance Data Manager role will support all phases of finance data related projects, including the defining of data requirements, data design, data mapping and transformation, and data validation and control. This role is part of our Finance organization and will partner closely with our Finance Capability, as well as our Digital organization. You will be supporting the design and maintenance of finance data systems and databases. This includes troubleshooting and fixing data-related problems, mining data from primary and secondary sources (mainly SAP FI/CO), and reorganizing data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
A Successful Candidate will have the following attributes:
- Proven self-management skills that demonstrate the ability to complete assignments in a systematic and timely basis
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts, financial consolidations, and internal controls
- Good verbal/written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely to influence business decisions on systems and applications
- Ability to effectively work with coworkers and external contacts to achieve common goals and respond positively to situations
- Problem-solving skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Demonstrates flexibility regarding change of projects, focus, priorities, and needs
- Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage Finance Data Analyst(s), providing coaching & development
- Support projects delivering business processes and data supported by technology in the areas including, but not limited to Financial Accounting, Project Systems, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Product Costing, Financial Planning, Consolidations, Treasury, Tax, and Reporting.
- Work closely with finance teams to understand business processes, review current systems, and define data requirements. Evaluate current system and data capabilities and identify system modifications or changes that need to be made to current data processes.
- Work as a team member with other Molex business analysts and technical resources to implement data changes. Communicate detailed requirements (functional specifications) and timelines to appropriate IT departments.
- Support the development, design, and maintenance of data systems and databases.
- Understand data logic; troubleshoot coding and fix data-related problems.
- Use automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources.
- Perform tests of new and updated functionality to verify desired results are achieved. Evaluate results and coordinate changes to improve system performance. Create test plans as required.
- Understand data sources (tables, etc.); perform analysis to assess quality and meaning of data.
- Use statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets.
- Develop and maintain system related documentation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience as a supervisor leading a team
- Experience as a Data Analyst, in data analysis/mapping related roles, or in data analysis related projects
- Experience in data projects where large scale multi-national SAP system is the source data
- Experience in Finance/Accounting related data areas
- Previous experience working on teams or leading project teams consisting of business and IT resources
- Bachelor’s degree
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, accounting, IT, or a related field
- Experience with data visualization software like Tableau or Power BI
- Knowledge of database design, development, data models, techniques for data mining
- Experience in handling reporting packages like Business Objects or other
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical packages like Excel or Alteryx
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf