Flint Hills Resources Pipeline & Terminals is hiring for a Project Screener to lead early project development across our Pipelines and Terminals Business. Preferred location is in Corpus Christi, Texas or Rosemount, Minnesota. We are looking for someone who can manage multiple projects in screening and early development, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations. The team culture is one of integrity and humility, where innovation and creativity are encouraged and expected. The role will report to the Director of Projects for Pipelines and Terminals and will be responsible for the screening of multiple capital projects using a Principled approach that ensures the quality and competitive performance that is expected by our stakeholders.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company, we are privately owned, eligible for a flexible work arrangement and a “9/80” work schedule that offers every other Friday off and our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create. Come realize your full potential and join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead annual development of the business project plan and provide regular updates on project portfolio and metrics
- Work closely with our operations and commercial development teams to originate, develop and evaluate early integration of new projects throughout the business
- Identify project alternatives consistent with early business objectives to create competitive advantage for the business - identify the drivers of value creation and understand the key bets involved, identify risks, and work with the appropriate resources to develop scope, cost and schedule to efficiently advance or terminate projects
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills with thought processes for analyzing opportunities that are based on sound logic, economics, and consideration of alternatives
- Appropriately consider the impacts of EH&S, compliance, and other regulations in the project screening process
- Regularly communicate screening status to various stakeholders within the organization
- Support project team as a cold-eye review on larger marginal decisions during front end loading
- Support benchmarking, look-back processes and lessons learned application for completed projects
- Apply the principles and practices of Principled Based Management (PBM)
- Physical requirements including climbing ladders/stairs to elevated platforms
- Travel 25% as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR Project Management OR 5 years of experience in a Business Development Role
- 5 years’ experience involving projects in pipelines, terminals, refining, or chemicals
- Experience and leadership skills to work in a collaborative environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- 7 years’ Project work experience in a pipeline & terminals, refinery or petrochemical environment
- Project Management Experience
- Economics Planning and/or Business Development experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf