Environmental Waste Coordinator
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
INVISTA is looking to have an Environmental Waste Tech join our Orange site. The position reports to the Environmental Waste Leader. Responsibilities include acting as a business owner for the programs you are responsible for, develop honest and transparent customer relationships, be a leader in all interactions and always lead by example. The position will also be responsible for transforming and innovating environmental tools, training, communication of environmental requirements, managing/resolving constraints, change management, compliance assurance, and reporting along with other various responsibilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain waste and water certifications and licenses.
- Coordinate the transportation, siting, and timely disposal of solid wastes and managing product containers
- Works closely with Environmental engineer to arrange sampling to identify, characterize, and manage wastes
- Participates in state and local agency audits to demonstrate compliance with Hazardous Waste, NPDES, SPCC, and SWPPP Regulations.
- Waste Manifest reconciliation and verifications
- Assist in preparing external and internal waste reports (pollution prevention (P2), Generator Fees, TRI, AWS)
- Create purchase requisitions in SAP and review invoices for approval
- Provides work direction to waste contractors
- Ensure proper labeling, disposal, and management of wastes for site
- Work with other environmental programs on compliance items
- Develop tools and templates while ensuring consistency in program compliance management.
- Ensure waste profiles and shipments align with vendor expectations
- Communicate any issues with waste to Environmental Engineer
- Assemble shipping packets for operations
The Experience You Will Bring
- One of the following requirements:
- 2+ years' experience in a chemical manufacturing or refining plant environment
- 2+ years of Industrial / Agricultural experience or equivalent
- Military experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
What Will Put You Ahead
2+ years of experience in industrial waste management or other environmental programs
Experience working in the scientific field
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf