Principal Engineer, EHS
What You Will Do In Your Role
Manage EMS & OHSAS Management System. Establish EHS manuals/procedures in compliance with local EHS authorities, relevant government agency requirements and also ISO14001 EMS & ISO45001 OHSAS standards. Align and incorporate division and corporate EHS directives. Lead and work with various department/functions in executing EHS compliance activities.
As EHSMS Lead Auditor. Manage EHS audit and ensure effective corrective action closure.
· Regulatory Body audit/surveillance.
· External Certification Body audit.
· Organize and manage internal audit.
· Liaise with customer on EHS enquiry and audit. Communicate customer EHS requirements to site operation and ensure conformance.
Review and ensure EHS compliance, plant wide.
· Work with various Competent Person to ensure timely monitoring of EHS performance including submission to government agency.
· Formulate environmental monitoring on waste water treatment, industrial effluent/discharge parameter, air pollution, noise pollution and schedule waste operation. Develop program to reduce the risk of environmental hazard.
· Timely CHRA test, drinking water test and industrial effluent test and ensure in compliance.
· Timely update plant EHS performance result into corporate EHS database (Enablon).
Training for ERT team (including first aiders) and Safety committee to drive any calamity or disaster may arise.
· Coordinate accordingly to any emergency situation within MXL plant.
· Work with Safety Officer to conduct various drills e.g. emergency evacuation and chemical spillage.
· Advise company Hostel Committee on EHS matters of the hostel.
Work with Safety Officer to drive and ensure safe environment for working place.
· Proactively identify any unsafe (or hazard potential) condition to Facility or area owner to take appropriate action.
· Regularly review safety statistics data, committee meeting minutes (safety and ERT).
Promote EHS awareness.
· Advise company Canteen Committee to arrange, monitor, inspect on cafeteria and kitchen operation under local authority & DOSH requirements on cleanliness and hygienic.
· Review company clinic operation and discuss with Occupational Health Doctor (OHD) on the safety and health of employee.
· Conduct EHS training and awareness program.
Lead ergonomic initiatives plantwide including awareness, perform analysis and develop solution aim to provide a safe and healthy work environment.
Drive vendor on EHS compliance via proper communication and surveillance.
· Channel Molex EHS requirement to key vendors.
· Participate in preparing service contracts for EHS contractors and subcontractors.
Be an expert in legal and other requirement of Department of Environment (DOE), Factory & Machinery Act (FMA) and Occupational Health & Safety Act (OSHA).
Support and contribute to company initiatives on Social Responsibility, Global Lean Six Sigma, etc.
Undertake other duties or responsibilities assigned by supervisor from time to time.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree in environmental / safety.
- Preferred green book holder.
- At least 8 years working exp in EHS