Advanced Process Engineer Intern
INVISTA (Canada) Company’s Kingston Site located in Kingston, Ontario has an opening for an Advanced Process Engineer Intern. It is one of the city’s largest employers with over 700 employees dedicated to the production of quality products used in the automotive airbag, performance fabrics (CORDURA®), and engineering polymer industries. As part of Global Research and Development Team, you will have the opportunity to leverage INVISTA’s data assets - thousands of sources and billions of records from across our operations – to improve the company’s business performance.
This isn’t your average internship. At Kingston Site we believe employees create exceptional value for our shareholders and customers through high quality products that save and enrich lives. We do this through the strength and capabilities of our people and the application of new ideas and technology. We are looking for motivated and talented people who will help us meet the challenge of leading rapid experimentation, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society. INVISTA is an independently managed but wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc, one of the largest privately held companies in the world with a presence in nearly 60 countries. This opening is for a 16-month term, starting May 2023 through August 2024.
To thrive in our Principal Based Management® culture, you must show initiative, be results driven, and have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Above all you must ensure that all your activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilize designed experiments and data analysis to advance fiber spinning processes.
- Seek out and apply emerging technologies in online systems, sensors and analytics.
- Analyze large data sets to generate knowledge systems that present actionable information.
- Document test work through reports and program review presentations
- Collaborate with technical, operations and business resources. Embrace the peer challenge process with intellectual honesty to deliver best solution.
- Work with a sense of urgency and apply critical and economic thinking to create sustaining value solutions.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a University Engineering degree program.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Demonstrate initiative, challenge the status quo, prioritize work based on risk and value, be solution-oriented, and meet deadlines
- Apply interpersonal skills and contribute positively to a team-oriented environment
- Use analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to ongoing learning and developing new skills
- Embrace and live the core values of Principal Based Management®
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume and cover letter to www.kochcareers.com
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage
Do you enjoy discovering a better future state? Are you motivated by seeing the results of your work in the end-product? Do you want to learn more about the INVISTA experience? Watch this!
Who is INVISTA?
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks.
Our Guiding Principles – Integrity, Stewardship & Compliance, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Knowledge, Humility, Respect, and Self-actualize – define the INVISTA culture. If those words are in your DNA, then please submit your resume via the application link.