This job posting is no longer active.
Electrical Technician - Talladega, AL
Georgia-Pacific just opened a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Talladega, Alabama! This location receives about 150 log trucks a day and produces approximately 300 million board-feet of lumber a year! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced plant.
We are recruiting for a highly motivated, self-directed person for the position of Electrical Technician. This highly skilled position will support our operations efficiency through troubleshooting and maintaining manufacturing equipment and processes. In our environment employees, can thrive and they are encouraged to create the greatest value for themselves, the organization, our customers, and society.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical equipment and circuits
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and program PLC terminals
- Maintain and troubleshoot pneumatic systems, control devices, hydraulic equipment, circuits and components
- Read and interpret electrical schematics
- Performing daily preventative maintenance routes
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participate in safety program
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- At least three (3) years of electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Experience reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Experience with single and 3-phase electrical repair and troubleshooting up to 480 Volts
- Willing and able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed as well as performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least ten (10) hours a day
- At least one (1) year of experience troubleshooting PLCs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Experience with Ladder Logic
- Experience with VFD’s and motor control devices
- Experience with PanelView, FactoryTalk, and RS View
- Two (2) year degree or higher in Electrical Technology
- At least three (3) years industrial electrical repair experience and/or industrial maintenance experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.