Sr. Data Science Manager, Supply Chain
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
Georgia Pacific LLC is looking for a Senior Data Science Manager - Supply Chain Analytics to join our Decision Analytics team. Decision Analytics is a Center of Excellence (COE) focused entirely on data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning and advanced analytics projects in the commercial space. We are growing our analytics capability and are looking for entrepreneurial minded people who can help us further develop this COE that is creating exceptionally high value to our business. This candidate will provide hands-on technical delivery leadership – ie., being responsible for quality of technical deliverables, understanding/improving our delivery approach and process, improving the speed/agility of model building, Perform POCs on any new technical tools/ approaches.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Serve as primary technical lead on all phases of the projects from conducting hypothesis generation workshops, solutioning, experimentation and deployment, appropriately managing a global project team during execution.
- Willing to get your hands dirty with data analysis as well as be comfortable delegating tasks to junior members on the project team, thus providing technical guidance and oversight to the overall project.
- Hands-on solutioning within the chosen AI platform to partner with both customer and internal data/solution architects.
- Conduct workshops to understand, influence customer needs and translate them to technical audience (and vice-versa)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience creating business value by leveraging advanced analytics projects in the commercial analytics space.
- Experience working on data analytics problems in supply chain analytics such as demand planning or demand forecasting or demand sensing or inventory optimization or network optimization.
- Experience with data transformations using SQL by joining multiple relational databases
- Experience building machine learning models with SAS or python
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Mathematics/Analytics or Economics or Business
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Engineering
- Expertise utilizing advanced SAS procedures such as time series forecasting, Proc Optmodel or Proc MIRP
- Experience working in a global analytics COE; Or in an analytics consulting company
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf