I&E DCS Specialist
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers, and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Join INVISTA as E&I DCS Specialist as we are looking for a motivated person to perform DCS, electrical and instrumentation installation, preventive maintenance, and repair work as part of the Orange Research Lab team. You will review R&D schedule and coordinate with the PI’s and operating shift team to align on priorities to successfully execute critical work to maintain equipment availability. This role’s primary focus is to bring expert knowledge with respect to Instrumentation and electrical, DCS, PLC’s, wireless infrastructure/controls, historians, and server applications. As part of the Orange Research and Development Team, the goal of the E&I Digital Control Systems Specialist is to ensure maximum value is realized from control systems asset – DCS, PLC, OSI Pi. The position requires strong ownership, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- DCS implementation, programming, and DCS, PLC, HMI troubleshooting
- Review project documentation such as P&IDs and process descriptions to define control systems hardware and software requirements
- Program and test DCS logic, design high performance HMI graphics, support startup and commissioning activities
- Collaborate with Operations, PCN/IT, and maintenance/reliability teams, design/support and implement highly efficient solutions related to industrial controls and analytics
- Training of personnel on DCS, HMI, and related infrastructure
- Reverse-engineer logic from legacy control systems for DCS migration
- Design input and cost estimation for capital equipment and automation projects
- Manage Process Control Network (PCN) equipment including Windows servers and desktop PCs. (With some IT Support).
- Electrical equipment repair, replacement, and new install
- Electrical circuit troubleshooting, repair, replacement, and new install
- Instrumentation troubleshooting, calibration, replacement, and new install
- MCC starter troubleshooting, repair, replacement, and new install
- Troubleshoot production process problems using DCS, PLC and Process data software
- Support daily activities and projects, i.e.: planned/scheduled E&I work and production response
The Experience You Will Bring
- Basic understanding of electrical prints, loop sheets, and P&IDs
- At least one of the following requirements:
- Associate Degree or Higher in a related I&E field with a minimum of 3 years of practical experience in the refining or petrochemical industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electrical, Electrical or Analyzer experience in a manufacturing, industrial or agriculture facility.
- Minimum of 3 years of DCS experience in advanced process control applications
- Experience with various vendor DCS/PLC and HMI systems (ABB, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft server and workstation operating systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Hands-on experience with ABB control systems (Bailey INFI90 Harmony/Symphony, ABB 800xA,) Hands-on expertise with Rockwell/Schneider PLC’s, Drives, and visualization (HMI) platforms.
- Experience with safety instrumented systems.
- Knowledge of industrial protocols related to control systems such as Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus RTU/TCP, OPC, etc.
- Experience interfacing with production data historian systems such as OSI Pi
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf