This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Milan facility. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the EHS Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to EHS.
In this role, EHS Managers ensure systems to effectively address facility EHS risk profiles. The role balances Safety and Environmental with a 70% focus on safety and a 30% focus on environmental aspects and accountability.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing transformational leadership, direction, and influence to achieve the EHS vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Developing and aligning facility EHS programs and strategies according to the business/enterprise EHS plan
- Conducting routine EHS reporting
- Ensuring the EHS vision is developed and integrated in facilities
- Fostering an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EHS
- Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Increasing critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of at-risk behaviors
- Ensuring an effective change management process is in place
- Partnering with facility leadership to develop short and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks; create and maintain a safety committee for the site
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet plant needs
- Conducting routine management reviews and adjusting plans as necessary
- Fostering an EHS environment of collaboration and active participation with all employees, external stakeholders, and regulatory entities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Safety, Environmental, or related field, OR of EHS experience in manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Ability to travel per needs of the business (estimated up to 15% of the time)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Professional Engineer experience
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or demonstrated progress to attain CSP or other professional safety certifications
- 5 years of EHS experience in areas of Hazardous Energy Control, Regulatory Reporting, Mobile Equipment and Pedestrian Safety Management
- Corrugated experience
- Experience with managing compliance with Michigan Environmental Regulations and Permits (i.e. air permits)
- Experience with understanding the operation of an air pollution control device
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.