Product Design Engineer
Our Molex division is seeking a Product Design Engineer for the Guadalajara Sur, Mexico Location.
Molex LLC is a manufacturer of electronic, electrical, and fiber optic connectivity systems. Molex offers over 100,000 products across a variety of industries, including data communications, medical, industrial, automotive and consumer electronics
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Execute marketing projects. (Product validation by transfer of production lines, new customer requirements, material changes, continuous improvement, design changes, cost reduction, etc.)
- Serve as the technical point of contact between the manufacturing site, the customer and the different design centers in the company.
- Manage technical information (Specifications, material list, assembly drawings, component drawings, among others) of the products to be manufactured and ensure the deployment and availability of information within the organization.
- Perform impact and risk analysis due to proposals for design and/or process changes.
- Development of reports, plans and design verification reports (DVP&R) following main automotive specifications such as USCAR.
- Develop design concepts for new products or changes to existing products.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the different areas (quality, testing, manufacturing, planning) to meet the launch dates of new products and/or projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- Advanced English – Written and Spoken.
- Undergraduate studies at the Industrial, Electronic, Mechatronics or Mechanical engineering level
- 3 years of work experience in the automotive sector (Connectors, electromechanical modules and/or harnesses)
- Previous knowledge in the product development and design process, manufacturing engineering, plastic molding and process improvement.
- Coordination, execution, monitoring and solution of technical problems in projects. · Knowledge and application of international quality systems (ISO, TS,).
- Experience in implementation of engineering changes and impact assessment Experience in project transfers
- Experience in cost analysis.
- Creation, updating and interpretation of plans, specifications and diagrams of electromechanical components using the GD&T methodology (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances).
- Development of the design FMEA [Failure Mode and Effects Analysis] to identify, qualify, detect and prevent failures in the operation of the product.
- Coordination with the manufacturing area for the development of Control Plans and process FMEA. · Creation of tolerance stack-up studies for electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience in validation of new products and design changes under automotive specifications such as USCAR.
- Experience in root cause analysis and corrective actions (5D's, Ishikawa Diagram, 8 Disciplines, Six Sigma Green Belt)
- Advanced management of computational tools (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point), CAD (NX, CATIA or similar)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Critical thinking
- Administrative skills leadership
- Effective communication
- Independent and self-taught
- Assertiveness and strategic capacity
- Adaptation to change
- Development / support to collaborators Integrity