Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is a name in the natural gas industry that has become synonymous with quality design and construction, competitive pricing, and on time delivery of processing, treating, and compression facilities. Incorporated in 1980, OPD is still managed by its original founders whose reputation for honesty, integrity and technical excellence is unmatched in the industry. Although generally thought of as a smaller E & C firm, OPD has successfully completed several projects in excess of $500MM on a turnkey basis. In 1997, OPD became a Koch Chemical Technology Group company, which further enhanced OPD's reputation and increased its financial strength. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services, as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred vendor with our clients. Our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work. This environment has allowed us to attract and maintain exceptional employees and build long lasting client relationships, which will help to ensure our long-term business success.
The jobsite in Natchitoches, LA has an opening for a Laborer.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Some core responsibilities for a laborer include:
- Move materials
- General Housekeeping
- Shoveling dirt, compacting dirt, breaking or chipping concrete
- Removing concrete forms
- Assist craft workers by carrying tools and moving materials to work areas
- Be able to use the following tools: jack hammers, dirt compactors, dirt shovels, chipping guns/hammers, framing hammers, and crow bars
- All other duties as required
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
Some physical demands of being a laborer include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work on elevated platforms and maintain balance when stepping on narrow platforms such as beams and pipes. Must be able to perform these activities while wearing an approved full-body harness and lanyard.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week
- Must be willing and able to work in extreme weather including heat, humidity, and cold
- Must be willing and able to work on scaffolds and at high elevations
- Must be willing and able to meet all basic physical requirements.
- Must be willing and able to attend mandatory safety meetings.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous construction experience
- Basic knowledge of tools and crafts
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf