QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN - CORRIGAN PLYWOOD
Quality Assurance Technician - Entry Level
At Georgia Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. We are hiring a Quality Assurance Technician in our Corrigan, Texas mill.
RESUME IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
The position exists to ensure that our manufacturing processes and products comply with the American Plywood Association Quality Management System (APAQMS) rules and procedures. Successful candidates will be mentored to progress through the QA Technician line of progression and into a supervisory/management position. If, when the time comes, the selected individual chooses not to move into a supervisory/management role, that individual will be placed back into a production role.
Job Complexity & Essential Functions of the Job:
· Maintain a high level of safety consciousness watching out for your personal safety as well as the safety of fellow employees.
· Perform daily quality control checks throughout the Corrigan plywood operations.
· Perform necessary APAQMS functions.
· Identify opportunities to increase customer focus and improve overall product quality.
· Participate in work team efforts and meetings.
· Update the QMS quality manuals as needed.
· Train personnel on quality/process control techniques.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience of participating in a role that has a formal QA/QC program
· Demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a role that requires decisions that would directly impact the quality of the active product/process.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in American Plywood Association Quality Management System (APAQMS) Procedures within 90 days.
· Must be able to determine wood failures to APA Standards within 90 days after hire
Payrate will be commensurate with experience in this role.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf