Associate Category Manager – Wakefern/Southeastern (Open to remote Eastern/Central Time Zones)
We are seeking an Associate Category Manager supporting Wakefern (Shop Rite) and Southeastern Grocers (SEG) located in Atlanta, northeast, or remote. The Associate Category Manager is a thought leader and an integral part of the sales team as they develop consumer and retailer centric strategies/tactics to achieve increased market share, sales, and profitability. They will also support the development of Georgia-Pacific brands through proactive mining of data (IRI, Kantar, Shopper Research etc.) for business and analytical insights with the purpose of turning them into actionable recommendations and high-quality business plans that grow the paper categories and create long term value for the retailer and Georgia-Pacific. Finally, the Associate Category Manager will support planning and have active participation in key customer engagements. This role reports to the Director of Category Management – Grocery Channel.
How You Will Create Value in This Role:
- Enhance Georgia-Pacific’s relationship with the retailer and be viewed as an objective category-first thought leader
- Objectively evaluate category and shopper data from multiple sources to draw insights that lead to conclusions and compelling presentation of stories with actionable recommendations that promote overall category growth and profitability
- Drive improvements in the business through assortment, shelving, pricing, and promotion analyses
- Build comprehensive knowledge of the products, attributes, strategies, tactics, and competitive trends in the marketplace for assigned categories
- Build and deliver compelling PowerPoint presentations & story boards to a variety of stakeholders to influence key outcomes
- Work back with HQ teams by providing data and input to help develop and implement best in class strategies for Georgia-Pacific and all appropriate brands within the category
- Utilize all relevant reporting tools and customize detailed reports as needed to provide the organization with an informed foundation and strong POV to manage the business
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of Consumer Products Goods or related field sales/marketing experience
- Customer-facing sales, analytics, or sales-support experience
- Experience with data mining and ability to assess, interpret and translate from multiple data sources into actionable customer/shopper insights
- Must be willing to travel 10%
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying from $60,000 to $100,000/year
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf