Sr. Risk Analyst
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers, and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
INVISTA is seeking a contribution minded Senior Risk Analyst to join our Controller’s Organization team in Wichita, KS. This position will engage, challenge, and provide fulfillment to a candidate with strong critical thinking skills and economic focus. If you are someone that enjoys collaborating with others, providing decision support, and who seeks to originate ideas that can provide new insights for our business - we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide insight into market risk for critical raw materials and finished goods
- Partner with INVISTA Nylon and Propylene business leaders, supply chain, and Koch Industries (KII) resources to develop business recommendations
- Steward the Koch Industries (KII) risk philosophy and effectively communicate it to business leadership
- In alignment with INVISTA’s risk philosophy, completing credit analyses and reviews for the purpose of determining appropriate credit limits and terms for new and existing customers
- Managing and maintaining credit risk exposures of assigned customer base
- Providing commercial teams transparency to portfolio performance and risks to help drive profitable decisions
- Continuously seeking opportunities through innovation for process improvement and system optimization
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (i.e. financial analysis, risk analysis, economic modeling, portfolio management, credit, treasury, or other related field)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics or Business
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes Excel (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation) Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 10%-15% if needed, including overnight stays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Four or more years of relevant experience (i.e., financial analysis, risk analysis, economic modeling, portfolio management, credit, treasury)
- Prior experience in evaluating market risk including but not limited to understanding of commodity markets, value at risk calculations, and inventory management
- Previous supervisory experience
- MBA, International Business focused education, CFA, FIRA license, CRM, or other related professional certification
- Previous experience with any/all of the following: P/L analysis, evaluating financial documents, analyzing economic conditions, credit analysis, regulatory risk analysis, operational risk analysis
- Familiarity with mitigation strategies used to limit risk, including parent guaranties, letters of credit, bank drafts, etc.
- Proficient with SAP, Infor or other large ERP system
- Experience with (Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, Denodo, etc.) or other data visualization software/tools
- Process Improvement / Process Transformation / Process Implementation experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf