Flare Process Engineer
The Flare Process Engineering role within the Process and Technology team is a stakeholder of the technical solutions offered / supplied to our customers. The individual is expected to work closely with the commercial and project execution teams to ensure equipment performance requirements are achieved. The role requires an individual who is willing to think creatively and offer solutions to our clients that meets the client’s needs / expectations while remaining competitive. Ideally, the person in this role will understand the needs of our customers based on previous experience and be able to leverage that experience to provide meaningful guidance and insight for our customers and our company. This role is based in Asia and will primarily support our Asia/Pacific business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide process designs for flare systems to commercial teams by performing preliminary design calculations for proposals. It is expected for commercial and process teams to work closely together in determining a solution that balances performance risk and competitiveness.
- Support project execution team by performing detailed design calculations for orders including equipment definition, performance predictions, control methodology, and contributing to operating manuals.
- Participate as a member of the global flare process team. Training and support are available through the team and knowledge sharing is expected to continuously improve our technical capabilities.
- Investigate and resolve technical complaints or warranty claims involving process design.
- Participate in process and mechanical standardization efforts.
- Participate in technology development projects when such projects are assigned.
- Provide training to applications engineers, project engineers, and project managers as well as service technicians.
- Travel up to 20% of time to operating facilities for sales meetings, hazardous operations reviews, equipment startup, consultation / troubleshooting.
- Develop professional relationships with combustion SMEs (Subject Matter Expert) from operating companies. Site visits as well as attendance of approved seminars and other forums assist with this development.
- Learn about the company’s culture (Principle Based Management) and continuously improve its application in daily work.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, petrochemical engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in applications, design, operation, and/or development in industrial equipment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Flare applications, design, operation, and/or development experience.
- Experience in the refining or petrochemical industries.
- Roles supporting fired combustion equipment, combustion control, or related areas.
- Process engineering role within refinery and chemical plant operations with fired equipment experience.
- Master’s degree in engineering.
- Proven history of entrepreneurial activity. Experience leading innovative business models or product development efforts.