Quality Sourcing Specialist
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is a growing family of 13 companies coming together as one brand. KES will serve customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls and services. KES exists to create value for our customers. By harnessing the expertise and resources of the KES family of companies, we can offer customers direct access to commercial excellence, operational excellence, innovation and talent that is unrivaled in the industries we serve.
We are seeking a Quality Sourcing Specialist (QSS) to oversee all supplier qualification & supplier quality performance related activities for the supplier base in Asia Pac excluding China. This person will be responsible to manage Quality Control of supplier’s both nationally and internationally for KES Global Supply Chain. Ensures selection and qualification of strategic suppliers. Define Quality requirements, work closely with supply chain and support Sales with estimating on all future projects for KES.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible to support supplier sourcing for the Supply base development strategy and implement accordingly for region of responsibility
- Conduct qualification process in cooperation with other KES disciplines such as Procurement and Engineering.
- Identify, develop and maintain quality supply sources to meet company requirements. Maintain Quality evaluations for on-shore and off-shore suppliers by commodity.
- When required, Support project quality related issues resolutions at supplier shop, customer sites with collaborating with project team.
- Support and drive the implementation of the Sourcing strategies from sales phase to project execution stage, ensuring opportunities are leveraged and risks mitigated. Implement any additionally required Quality action for the assigned project.
- Contribute to commercial/technical bid packages, and support the supplier selection process.
- Participates in technical project reviews to orient and influence technical decisions according to global cost of purchase and risk evaluation considerations.
- Ensure strategic suppliers are qualified and maintain accurate documentation within KES SharePoint ( KES common server).
- Ensure performance measurement of strategic suppliers and maintain a level of performance that meets department/company expectations. Reports status and progress on a regular basis to stake holders. Provide appropriate feedback on best practice methods to improve profitability efficiencies and avoid warranty/back charge costs.
- Ensure timely communications with strategic suppliers and follow a supplier relationship management (SRM) approach.
- Support the develop of long term agreements with strategic suppliers ensuring a win/win scenario whilst maintaining competitive advantage for the company.
- Coordinate activities to ensure efficient hand off from strategic to operational activities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- More than 10 years overall successful experience in Quality department for heavy fabrication , oil & gas , power industries (where 5 years in handling Supplier Quality system hands on experience )
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in quality, engineering or business etc.
- Knowledge & skills of performing Supplier audit (QMS ,Quality Control, EHS ,capability & capacity) and experience of Quality continuous improvement & RCA tools like NCR, 5why, Fishbone etc.
- Certification in Supplier audit/ quality management system like ISO lead auditor , internal auditor etc. will be preferred.
- Experience & demonstrated capabilities in respect to supplier quality data management, performance statistical reports and trend analysis and professional report preparation will be asset.
- Be a Principled entrepreneur empowered to drive continuous transformation of self & organization
- Courage to lead, takes ownership, excellent in relationship management
- Effective communication skills, Fluent in both English. Any additional languages would be an asset
- Strong planning, coordination, and time management skills
- Creative & decision making skill
- Resilient, optimistic , value creator and open to transform
- Focused, target driven with a positive can-do attitude
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills
- Technical proficiency must be able to use computers and excellent skill on MS office (Excel, word, ppt , Visio etc.)
- Support of automation in all production departments including robotics and automated line.
- Designing new equipment and processes to support manufacturing of new products or for the improvement of existing ones;
- Coach and develop operators to reliably operate equipment and processes
- Perform data analysis and maintain necessary departmental records and reports.
- Work closely with operators and customers to troubleshoot process, quality and equipment issues and evaluate and implement improvement ideas
- Lead Root Cause Analysis process and execute effective corrective actions
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Coordinate manufacturing programmer/ drafter teams
- Develop, initiate and execute capital projects
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant
- Excellent understanding of Environmental Health and Safety procedures
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Lean or Six Sigma training and implementation experience
- Data analysis and process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanics /automation or Industrial Engineering
- English Fluent, Professional level
- Ability to use CAD is a plus