Flint Hills Resources is seeking an Insights Analyst who wants to spend their time on insights/analytics providing data driven decision making leading to competitive outcomes!
This role is located at our Refinery in Corpus Christi, TX.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company. We are a privately owned Koch company, where our employees are eligible for a flexible work arrangement, work a “9/80” schedule and our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create.
This role is eligible for relocation benefits!
We believe controlling against a competitive target and fostering an in-control state is necessary so that project teams/events have industry leading results.
We do this by leveraging industry leading technology / automation so we can maximize time spent on analytics.
The Insights Analyst will bring data driven analytics with line of sight to project health, risks, and opportunities that influence improved outcomes of our projects and events.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be a storyteller to explain the ‘why and how’ of your data driven recommendations to cross-functional teams
- Provide transparency to project key bet performance through analytics throughout the project/event lifecycle
- Provide transparency to project key metrics/benchmarking performance through analytics throughout the project/event lifecycle
- Organize, manage, and predict financial investment outcomes of projects or events
- Partner with other capabilities to identify value add analytics & modeling of data to improve project/event outcomes
- Assist in establishing a fit for purpose control structure needed to foster an in-control state
- Management of change in Engineering & Execution
- Drive innovations to create a competitive advantage across FHR
- Partner with peers to effectively share knowledge across sites
- Early adopter of new technology
- Help identify reimagined business processes as we continue to transform
- Potential for approximately 10% travel to our Minnesota Facility.
- Travel 10%
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2 years analytical work experience in consulting, business intelligence, analytics, or an equivalent analyst position
- Experience communicating effectively with data driven story telling and data driven insights
- Experience driving change in an organization by utilizing technology
- Experience building dashboards & visualizations
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s / Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building Machine Learning models
- Experience with statistical software such as R or Python, and database languages such as SQL.
- Awareness of Capital Projects and/or Turnaround Event business processes
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf