DIVISION SAFETY MANAGER - PLYWOOD
Georgia-Pacific Wood Products is seeking to hire a Division Safety Manager reporting to the Wood Products Safety Director. This role will provide innovative and transformative safety direction toward key strategies within GP Wood Product’s Path to Zero Strategy through the application of the Principle Based Management® Framework and Guiding Principles. This position may be remote-based.
Additionally, this will serve as a developmental role to transition from a division support role with limited ownership of higher level strategies to a business or segment level director or similar role.
The website links below have been included to provide you additional information regarding the Koch companies, company culture and management philosophy.www.gp.com, http://www.kochind.com/ or www.kochind.com/philosophy/
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing transformational leadership, direction, and influence to achieve the safety vision
- Creating value for the division with focus on key strategies such as:
- Advancing game-changing controls around critical hazards and risks.
- Managing and challenging division-level Compliance System Owners (CSOs) to higher levels of performance
- Developing an aggressive implementation plan for the division’s Prevention through Design process
- Using Creative Destruction to find higher value in existing processes and tools (metrics, CSO process, and others)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemical engineering, process safety, or other safety science or engineering field or sufficient experience in a safety manager role.
- Three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Willing and able to travel 50%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Preferred Qualifications-
- Wood Products manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated principled entrepreneurship and participation in safety activities beyond site requirements (ex. Division CSO, Safety Performance Assessment leader, etc.)
- Experience managing and developing safety talent
- CSP, PE, CIH, or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf