Electrical Reliability Engineer
INVISTA is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Orange, TX. Electrical Engineer responsibilities will include support and ownership of site-wide Electrical integrity, reliability, and overall Electrical health through the evaluation and application of best practices. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter. They must be able to communicate effectively and primary focus must be safety-oriented.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Identify and facilitate implementation of reliability strategies and electrical best practices (internal and external), equipment specifications, standards and maintenance activities including RAGAGEP
- Develop economical and technical justifications to support capital projects with equipment replacements and reliability improvements.
- Work with project managers, design contractors, and vendors to develop scopes of work and detailed engineering design for electrical repairs and improvement projects
- Develop strategies and implement maintenance plans for high, medium and low voltage electrical equipment including electrical distribution cables, switch gear, breakers, transformers, critical power equipment, uninterrupted power supplies, motors, electric heat tracing devices, variable frequency drives
- Lead, facilitate and participate in reliability work processes such as RCA, MOC, Incident Investigation, FMCA/FMEA, Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Provide guidance and input to establish minimum expectations for inspection and QA/QC activities in the procurement packages and commissioning of medium and high voltage electrical equipment
- Provide technical support in the development of site maintenance procedures, and electrical craft training programs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code, NFPA-70E, API, IEEE, and all OSHA electrical compliance standards
- 5+ years' experience in an Electrical Reliability/Technical Role in a petrochemical or PSM covered facility
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of facility/process design in engineering, and PSM standards
- Experience with engineering software (i.e. SKM Power Tools or equivalent, Fathom, ASPEN, Seeq, OSI Pi)
- Experience working in CMMS (i,e, SAP, Maximo, etc.)
- Working knowledge of compliance and engineering standards (NEC, NFPA, API, OSHA, EPA, and other RAGAGEP’s)
- Demonstrated experience leading technical initiatives, troubleshooting and projects
Physical Requirements/Other Considerations
- Able to enter and move about in confined spaces and wear personnel protective equipment
- Able to climb stairs and/or ladders in a plant environment
- Willing to travel up to 10%
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf