Mechanical Engineering Intern-Reliability
INVISTA (Canada) Company’s Kingston Site located in Kingston, Ontario has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer Intern. It is one of the city’s largest employers with over 700 employees dedicated to the production of quality products used in the automotive airbag, carpet fiber, and engineering polymer industries. As part of Kingston Site’s Engineering Team, you will have the opportunity to assist with the development and implementation of optimum engineering strategies for site assets.
This isn’t your average internship. At Kingston Site we believe employees create exceptional value for our shareholders and customers through high quality products that save and enrich lives. We do this through the strength and capabilities of our people and the application of new ideas and technology. We are looking for motivated and talented people who will help us meet the challenge of leading rapid experimentation, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society. INVISTA is an independently managed but wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc, one of the largest privately held companies in the world with a presence in nearly 60 countries. This opening is for a 16-month term, starting May 2023 through August 2024.
To thrive in our Market Based Management® culture, you must show initiative, be results driven, and have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Above all you must ensure that all your activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design solutions for operational issues in a large manufacturing plant
- Integrate best maintenance technologies into predictive and preventive maintenance programs
- Support and lead capital improvement projects
- Provide engineering support to Maintenance and Operations (troubleshooting, problem solving, cost estimating and implementation of mechanical design solutions)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a University Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering degree program.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with CAD and design from concept, to drawing to physical asset
- Demonstrated initiative of a Principled Entrepreneur, who challenges the status quo, prioritizes based on risk and value, is solution-oriented, and meets deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, contributing positively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong mechanical aptitude is a must.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and developing new skills
- A willingness to embrace and live the core values of Principle Based Management®
- Signing Bonus
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Do you enjoy discovering a better future state? Are you motivated by seeing the results of your work in the end-product? Do you want to learn more about the INVISTA experience? Watch this!
Who is INVISTA?
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks.
Our Guiding Principles – Integrity, Respect, Humility, Knowledge, Self-actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Stewardship & Compliance, and Transformation – define the INVISTA culture. If those words are in your DNA, then please submit your resume via the application link.