Process & Systems Engineer Intern
We are currently seeking an Engineering student (8 to 16 month terms) to join the INVISTA Process Engineering Team at Maitland, Ontario. INVISTA is rapidly implementing advanced analytics tools to dramatically improve value creation. The successful candidate will work closely with our operations/engineering teams to design/implement these solutions enabling continuous improvement of the Maitland Site Chemical Manufacturing Operations. This opening is for an 8 – 16 month term (flexible) starting May 2023.
What You Will Do In Your Role
To generate the greatest contribution to our company, you must be results driven, have excellent communication, able to organize multiple priorities and work well within a team environment. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Automation of reporting systems using appropriate solutions which may include OSI PI Vision, SEEQ, Microsoft products such as Power Automate, Power BI, Power Apps.
- Validation of site relief device design record forms, field installation, SAP and P&ID documentation.
- Creation of new Power BI Reports for PHA safeguards to be used for site communication and mechanical integrity teams.
- Leading physical changes in the plant using Maitland Site’s Management of Change process.
- Implementation of 3D modelling on site using MatterPort technology to be used for site training programs.
Other project activities may include:
- Work with the plant operations and process engineering teams to identify and implement new operations technology at the site to support transformation of our existing processes.
- Studying various aspects of chemical reaction processes and distillation systems to identify improvement opportunities. Implementing those opportunities.
- Developing, delivering training to operators for changes or new tools introduced.
- Other opportunities to self-identify work is available depending on the student’s capabilities and interests while in the work term.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis revalidations, migrate documentation to newer tools.
- Use of Aspen process modelling and Advanced Process Control to optimize the plant operations
Above all you must ensure that all your activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Currently enrolled in a University Chemical Engineering Program and will have completed 2nd year or 3rd year of program.
- Strong computer skills and some programming knowledge; role is intended to be heavily weighted on implementation of new technology solutions on site.
- Able to contribute positively in a team-oriented environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in an unstructured environment to drive innovation solutions and embrace failures as opportunities to grow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage effectively in both individual and team-oriented roles with a minimum of supervision.
- Vehicle for transportation from surrounding town to plant site highly recommended as there is limited public transportation to the site.
- Signing Bonus
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Why Work for INVISTA Maitland Site?
Maitland Site as part of the INVISTA company has a well-established network of Operations Technology experts driving innovation across the company. You will have the opportunity to not only collaborate with the site team but experts across the global INVISTA company.
On site you will have the opportunity to be exposed to several chemical manufacturing unit operations (Chemical Reaction Units, Distillation trains, Steam Methane Reforming, Cogeneration Units, Water/Wastewater Treatment processes). Apply your chemical engineering knowledge in real life processes with experienced engineers. Your energy, your new ideas, your knowledge of new technology will complement our team of experienced engineers and operator to create real value.