Equipment Engineering Supervisor
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is a global leader in mass transfer, heat transfer, and emissions-control and clean-air combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer and more economical way.
KES is looking to hire an experienced Equipment Engineering Supervisor to lead the engineering & drafting team in Changshu, China. This role will work closely with the Project Team, Sales, Manufacturing and the Customer to provide engineering deliverables and information specific to customer expectations. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple priorities and have strong attention to detail and communicate through multiple channels effectively to keep internal and external customers up to date.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide guidance and supervise new designs for equipment in Inventor, product enhancements as required by Sales, the Customer, and Project Management. This will include the layout, design, and detail of projects following project specifications.
- Manage drawings in a data management software (Vault)
- Facilitating with engineering/drafting and manufacturing to resolve design and fabrication problems
- Check design packages of engineers and drafters to ensure design is of high quality and is optimized for fabrication
- Collaborate with team members to create drawing standards to better improve accuracy, standardization, and time efficiency ,
The Experience You Will Bring
- Fluent English language skills: reading, writing, and speaking
- 7+ years’ design/drafting experience in equipment design
- 5+ years' experience using Inventor/Solidworks
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience using knowledge of Codes and Standards: GB, ASME, AISE, PIP
- Experience reading, understanding, and following detailed customer specifications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Sheet metal manufacturing experience
- 9+ years’ design/drafting experience in equipment design
- 7+ years' experience using Inventor, Solidworks, Plant 3D
- 3+ years’ experience leading an engineering/drafting team