Welder – Koch-Glitsch Canada
Koch-Glitsch is an affiliate of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in America according to Forbes magazine. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 100,000 people. Since 2003, the businesses have invested more than $43 billion in acquisitions and capital expenditures. Koch-Glitsch is a global leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art mass transfer and mist elimination products for the chemical, petrochemical, refining, gas processing, pharmaceutical and specialty industries.
We are currently searching for a talented individual that shares our corporate values and beliefs to fill immediate full-time requirements as a Welder in our Uxbridge, Ontario facility.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Embrace Koch MBM® Guiding Principles and EH&S compliance requirements
- Drive continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives
- Support our proactive safety culture
- Safe setup and operation of all equipment
- Ability to read & interpret blueprints, drawing specifications
- Strong ability and knowledge to weld parts using SMAW, GMAW, GTAW
- Assemble parts to be welded
- Ensure correct welding consumables are used
- Operation of various equipment – drill press, grinders, etc
- Assist in the design of fixtures, tools, jigs and templates
- Monitor machine to ensure accurate output of parts that meet or exceed quality standards
- Flexible, adaptable, ability to work overtime
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic
- Willing to learn Koch Glitsch’s welding standards, welding related quality requirements and documentations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of two years’ experience within a fabrication (welding) department
- Ability to weld and fitting pipe from drawings
- Must be able to pass ASME weld test
- Proven experience with stainless steel, carbon steel and exotic alloys.
- Experience reading & interpreting blueprints, drawing specifications
- Ability to safely operate lifting equipment
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Ability to use precision measuring tools
- Ability to handle materials and parts up to 50lbs
What Will Put You Ahead
- More than two (2) years within a welding department
- Able to provide a valid driver's license
Koch-Glitsch has achieved business success by having employees who act with integrity, focus on compliance excellence and create real long-term value for our customers and society. These principles are part of MBM®, a unique business and management philosophy that sets Koch-Glitsch apart from other companies in its industry. Koch-Glitsch is seeking individuals who share these values and want to be part of a winning team. For more information about Koch-Glitsch, visit our web site at www.koch-glitsch.com.
Koch-Glitsch Canada is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.