Strategic Asset Engineer
As a Strategic Asset Engineer with a Coker focus you will have primary responsibilities for advancing Coker strategies to improve asset performance (advance the P&L) in addition to supporting Asset Management Capability advancement. You will be a key part of a cross-functional team focused on proactive failure mode identification and strategy development primarily for the Coker in partnership with Capabilities such as Process Control, Monitoring, Field Data Solutions, Turnaround as well as the Business Teams. You will focus on applying and mentoring on best practices for strategy development including FMCA, DMF thinking, and leveraging Capabilities to evolve with an emphasis toward evolving time-based strategies toward on-condition/predictive.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company:
- We are part of the 2nd largest privately held company in the world – which means you’ll have tremendous opportunity for career growth.
- We offer flexible work arrangements and a “9/80” work schedule – which means you’ll have a 3-day weekend every other week (every other Friday off).
- And our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create – which means your direct compensation is not capped in anyway by some formula, role title, or certifications.
Come realize your full potential and join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner with Coker Business Team to identify, prioritize, evaluate, and implement key strategies driving increased availability and utilization while lowering cost of ownership
- Lead system level, unit level, and business specific strategy development for the Coker including review of maintenance, operation, limits, sparing/stocking strategy, training, condition monitoring requirements, and identification of any necessary preventive tasks
- Lead Turnaround strategy and opportunity development – Macro (long range) in support of the Long Rage TA Process and Phases 7 through 2 for each event. Mentor on scope development and discovery, Phase 2 through Phase 6
- Ensure best practices such as FMCA, reliability & data analysis, DMF thinking, strategy documentation/implementation, and on condition/predictive maintenance are leveraged where profitable.
- Proactively identify opportunities for asset improvements and make transparent to Capabilities and Business Team
- Facilitate RCFA for high impact and/or complex anomalies & failures incorporating human and organizational performance concepts (HOP) where applicable
- Advance Asset Management Capability through mentorship, new maintenance technology integration (technical and adaptive) and internal/external networking (FHR, KII, Industry, etc).
- Support high value strategy and RCFA opportunities in other businesses as workload permits
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in an Engineering Field
- Two (2) years or more of reliability experience
- Two (2) years or more of refinery experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ten (10) years or more of reliability experience
- Five (5) years or more of refinery experience
- Coker experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf