Industrial Power Systems Engineer
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers, and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources in doing so.
INVISTA Canada's Kingston nylon manufacturing site located in Kingston, Ontario has an immediate opening for an Industrial Power Systems Engineer to join our Integrated Engineering Team.
- Power distribution system short circuit protection and coordination studies
- Arc flash Studies
- Produce and/or evaluate technical design solutions on existing equipment or new capital installations
- Improve the reliability of our power distribution systems and related site electrical equipment
- Integrate best technologies into predictive and preventative maintenance programs
Areas of Focus:
- Plant electrical distribution systems
- Motor/drive systems
- Industrial Electrical Control systems
The Experience You Will Bring:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and 1+ year of post education professional experience OR a Master's Degree in Power Systems Engineering
- Specific knowledge and experience in power distribution systems up to 44kV
- Specific knowledge of electrical protection and control systems
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Knowledge and Application of the Canadian Electrical Code and the Workplace Electrical Safety Standard, CSA Z462-08
- Project leadership and execution skills
- Professional Engineer (PEO) designation
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf