Data Business Partner
Guardian Industries has an immediate need for a Data Business Partner. This opportunity will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI.
This role serves as key partner in the Data Management Office (DMO). The selected individual will serve as a data & analytics engagement partner for internal customers and bring end-to-end perspective to ensure our data strategies create competitive advantage. The Data Business Partner will educate customers on the value of effective analytics, prioritize work, and help leaders ‘work backwards’ from the opportunity to capture the right data & design solutions that improve responsiveness & decision making. Successful execution will be built upon a foundational base of trusted data with BI and advanced analytics developed incrementally over time.
Guardian Industries is on continuous journey to seek out and deploy transformative opportunities to maximize the return on our data investment by using information to make better, faster, and more profitable decisions. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Help prioritize activities based on value and be involved with decision makers through end-to-end process from creative ideation all the way through to delivery on BI, Advanced Analytics and other data related assets
- Continuous communication with the internal customers to understand their processes, value drivers, initiatives and priorities, problems they are trying to solve, etc. and make sure they get the data products or solutions they need to succeed. Validate backlog priorities with them and provide feedback on progress
- Lead the pod cross-functional team to work on the right priorities. Organize and understand the resources you will need to deliver the products. Manage and keep up to date your backlog (Azure DevOps as tool)
- Collaborate with business partners to identify gaps and formulate sustainable solutions that align with current business priorities and vision
- Frame and document opportunities (demand), estimate value creation, key factors, and assign priority
- Develop frameworks, roadmaps, and actionable requirements and project decomposition for modeling & visualization, engineering, governance, and IT\Systems Dev. teams through execution of data needs
- Initial testing (fit for function)
- Organizational change management and delivery of developed work products
- Ensure users education on the solution, monitor adoption and support on its effective usage
- Grow, through influence, a data enablement mindset across the organization and mentor others on how to think about data needs
- Reinforce data governance (Master data and enrichment) and ensure global compliance of framework
- Involvement in system implementations and/or decommissions in what refers to data relate
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills and ability to work within cross functional teams
- Use strong organizational skills to manage the functional team’s work items
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changes or challenges
- Hold self & others accountable, keep positive attitude, open minded and honest, able to embrace new challenges and solve problems
- Demonstrate strong economic thinking skills. effective oral and written communication skills and an eagerness to learn new skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Data Management and/or Business Analyst Experience
- Experience using fundamental data visualization tools and/or Power BI
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher Computer Science, Finance, or Mathematics
- Experience with fundamental data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional) and understanding of SQL.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in Data Management
- Alteryx data analytics tool experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf