IT/OT Product Owner (Hybrid)
Flint Hills Resources is seeking an IT/OT Product Owner to join the Application Support Capability in our Information Technology and Operations Technology (IT/OT) team based out of Wichita KS, Corpus Christi TX or Rosemount MN. The IT/OT team specializes in support of applications and infrastructure critical to operation of the plant manufacturing process.
An IT/OT Product Owner plays a hybrid role, blending elements of running a computing capability for a real-time environment with the technical knowhow to deliver solutions in modern IT systems critical to the operation of the plant manufacturing process. Senior IT/OT Product Owners work jointly with plant operations and innovation teams to provide support and on-going development of existing applications, execute projects, and support experimentation with new technologies that enable FHR’s digital transformation vision.
This role will have the opportunity to build very close relationships with a focused group of key plant teams, understand plant operational and work processes in depth, understand plant business objectives, and participate in the engineering of technology solutions to address those objectives. Critical analysis, self-motivation, and the ability to deliver on IT solutions are key to this role.
This role will work with the extended IT/OT teams responsible for management of IT infrastructure, systems administration, and cyber security to inform development of architectural standards, monitoring capabilities, and security standards.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- “Owning” responsibility for on-going maintenance and reliability of specific applications. Includes serving as technical Subject Matter Experts, managing lifecycle road map and upgrades, documenting support, work processes and inventory management, and ensuring the application is meeting functional objectives of the business.
- Driving customer engagement and building customer relationships to ensure our services are meeting business demands and anticipated growth.
- Identifying and executing on opportunities to enable monitoring and alerting around our computing systems and integrations.
- Administering complex IT platforms in a multilayer network environment.
- Partnering with plant operations and transformation teams in execution of projects. These may involve new or existing technology, will require working with plant teams to understand functional requirements of the system, and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Responding to incidents and unplanned events while participating in an after-hours on-call rotation (approx. 2 weeks per quarter).
- Supporting base IT functions as needed: executing pre and post steps for patching, escalating issues with 3rd party vendors, troubleshooting issues directly with our customers in both team and individual settings.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrable professional experience in command line tools and other windows system functions.
- Experience managing IT/Software initiatives and projects (leading status meetings, gathering and working through requirements, focusing on agile and iterative deliverables)
- Experience with customer and 3rd party facing interactions (backlog management, customer engagement activities, representing long and short-term gaps in discussions with 3rd parties).
- Experience in the deployment and on-going management of software applications in both enterprise and edge environments.
- Familiarity with the overall IT technology stack (Ex. Networks, Firewalls, Active Directory, Windows and Linux OS administrative tasks).
- Occasional travel (up to 15%)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior experience working in and supporting manufacturing environments/real-time systems.
- Prior experience working with segmented network technologies (Firewalls, Cross Domain Active Directory).
- Familiarity with scripting technologies (PowerShell, Python, Bash).
- Prior experience with manufacturing process monitoring and control systems (e.g Bently’s System 1, AspenTech’s APC, OSIsoft’s PI, Power monitoring solutions, etc.)
- Experience with the development and architecture of real-time systems and solutions at the edge and strategies to support rapid deployment of scalable support models for these systems.
- Experience with automation of alerting and response (reusable design in edge deployments, guaranteed deliverability, strategies to handle false signals) and tools like Paessler’s PRTG or LogRhythm.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf