Indirect Tax Technology Manager
Koch Industries, one of the largest private companies in America, is seeking an Indirect Tax Technology Manager to join a dynamic tax team in the Atlanta, GA, Dallas TX or Wichita, KS office. Koch employs 125,000 people worldwide, about 65,000 of those in the United States. Our businesses have a presence in more than 70 countries across the globe and nearly $120 Billion has been invested in growth and improvements since 2003.With this level of growth, talented tax professionals with a transformational mindset are imperative to driving meaningful results for the business. As an Indirect Tax Technology Manager, you will have the opportunity to drive that transformation and leverage your indirect tax knowledge in an exciting and evolving tax environment.
Join our collaborative team and experience the extensive range of opportunities for a fulfilling tax technology career at Koch.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Execute indirect tax technology strategy in alignment with the overall Koch data management strategy and the indirect tax capability vision
- Drive transformation that provides continuous improvement, enables enterprise growth and captures value
- Develop and maintain an indirect tax technology infrastructure to support the optimization of tax processes, tax determinations, and tax reporting
- Provide support for systems such as OneSource Determination, Global Next, Vertex, PTMS
- Manage Indirect Tax Determination implementations/upgrades and provide on-going support for our Koch Businesses - analyzing requirements, designing and documenting the solution, configuring the software to meet business needs, testing, supporting the business during and after implementation
- Assist with monitoring, assessing, and implementing tax related legislation and reporting through innovation, transformation, technology configuration, and data management
- Partner with various business tax teams and stakeholders to understand business activities and indirect tax requirements to adequately solution for in the applicable tax technology
- Collaborate to define business requirements for tax technology and transformation opportunities to ensure the deliverables meet the needs of the capability
- Partner with the tax capabilities and applicable business teams to provide guidance and change management involving tax technology transformations, ensuring effective and successful implementations/upgrades and capability/business readiness
- Participate and provide input on project management activities including creating and updating project plans, timelines and dependencies
- Promote tax technology and data governance
- Promote applicable technology usage with agreed upon frameworks and best practices
- Collaborate to manage projects and provide communications to keep the capability, leadership, and other stakeholders connected
- Collaborate with partners, internal and external, to drive and execute on Indirect Tax Technology optimization opportunities in an ever-changing tax and technology environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in one of the following (Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Taxation or Computer Information Science)
- 5+ years of experience in indirect tax or indirect tax technology role
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a Global Indirect Tax role
- Experience leading transformation or technology initiatives
- Experience communicating and presenting to various levels within an organization
- Experience training or developing others
- Knowledge of a broad range of indirect tax functions such as Property Tax, Sales and Use Tax, VAT, Excise
- OneSource, Vertex, Avalara, PTMS experience
- Proficient in software such as Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI, Power Automate
- Experience with Agile frameworks and methodology
- Master’s degree in Taxation or Computer Information Science
- Previous CPA firm or multi-national corporation experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf