Embedded Test Developer
At Molex, we are committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. The mission of the Industrial Automation group at Molex is to drive and support the evolving needs of our global customers and partners in the (r)evolution of technology and platforms to support Industry 4.0. Our products and platform support customers in diverse market sectors, including robotics, plant automation and process control.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for developing automated tests for both embedded and desktop technologies. You will work with our Test Automation Framework team to utilize and contribute to our automation framework. The ideal candidate will possess strong programming skills as well as experience with embedded technologies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support verification and validation testing by automating test cases
- Develop sanity tests for our CI/CD pipeline
- Using best practices for programming and test automation, create reusable components which can be used across different products with similar functions
- Assist in validation efforts using either manual, automated or hybrid testing
- Create and maintain test environments
- Create meaningful and thorough reports of test efforts and defects found
- Work with other teams and review documentation to understand requirements and implementations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with Test Automation technologies (Selenium, Appium, Winium or other)
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills using C/C++, C#, Python is required
- Experience with networking/wireless technologies and protocols ( such as, but not limited to TCP/IP, 802.11)
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies, tools, and test process
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of experience in embedded development and testing
- Knowledge of BDD strategies for testing (Gauge, Cucumber/Gherkin)
- Experience with laboratory test equipment, oscilloscopes, power supplies, and meters.
- Experience with RTOS (VxWorx, QNX)
- Experience working with safety-critical components/products (Functional Safety certifiable products)
- Familiarity with build and SCC tools desired (git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Experience of continuous integration build systems
- Experience with and/or working knowledge of networking technologies and protocols such as Industrial (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, DeviceNet, Profibus) technologies; Safety-related protocols (PROFIsafe, CIP Safety); network management systems such as DHCP, SNMP, DNS
- Experience with PLC/PACs programming in IEC 61131 languages (Rockwell / Siemens / Mitsubishi / Omron)
- Good knowledge of architecture of industrial automation systems.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQs at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.