Process Control Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
At INVISTA, we make the chemicals, polymers, fabrics, and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands, create new solutions for life’s biggest needs, and deliver products and brands incorporated into your clothing, your car, and even your carpet. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including Dytek® intermediates, and Cordura® Advanced fabrics.
We are looking for a Process Control Engineer for our Nylon Intermediates manufacturing facility in Orange Texas. This individual will be a member of the Advanced Process Control and State Base Controls team, which works closely with the process engineering, maintenance, and operations groups to develop and implement advanced process control applications to enhance plant operation and profitability.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- The development, implementation, and ongoing optimization of AspenTech advanced process control applications
- The development, implementation, and ongoing optimization of state-based controls and procedural automation to significantly enhance plant operation and profitability
- Monitoring site process control systems for optimal operation, including the implementation/use of a plant wide control performance-based software
- Root cause analysis of process control problems; identifying and implementing corrective actions
- Applying fundamental process control knowledge in implementing facilities and process modifications
- Respond to work presented after normal scheduled hours
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering and 3+ years of experience as a Process Engineer or Process Control Engineer OR 7+ years of work experience relative to control systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving process or process control related issues
- Working knowledge of Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of experience in a chemical, petrochemical, or refinery plant environment
- 5+ years of experience in advanced process control applications
- Experience with the Aspen suite of products
- Exposure to managing or coordinating project work
- Advanced experience with PID controllers
- Experience designing, implementing, or tuning advanced control programs and/or strategies
- Experience with ABB distributed control systems (DCS)
- Must be able to enter and move about in confined spaces and wear personnel protective equipment
- Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders in a plant environment
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for various periods of time
- Must be willing to work periodic workdays more than 8 hours
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.