Rotating Equipment Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Fertilizer Canada ULC, is seeking a Rotating Equipment Engineer to join the Rotating Equipment Reliability team in Brandon, MB. The successful candidate will work closely with the operations, maintenance, and project organizations for the integrated fertilizer plant and will be responsible for all aspects of the asset life cycle management for rotating equipment, to reduce unplanned events and improve rotating equipment reliability.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and implement failure mode based reliability strategies for critical rotating equipment using Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) philosophy; standards for predictive/preventative maintenance; and sound, long-term life cycle economics.
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and field data to develop and adjust reliability programs which will obtain lowest life cycle cost of equipment.
- Recommend and champion solutions as appropriate to maximize energy efficiency, system availability and output, and achieve lowest cost of operation
- Conduct periodic assessments of the health and integrity of the rotating equipment at the production facilities to maximize asset reliability and production availability.
- Apply engineering theory, practices, and principles to determine root cause failure analysis (RCFA) of equipment failures and performance evaluations of rotating equipment and supporting systems.
- Work closely with production, maintenance, and engineering teams to understand failure modes and effects and develop mitigation plans; prioritize and develop action plans for our reliability-centered maintenance system.
- Ensure that systems and resources are in place for the inspection, restoration, quality assurance and testing of systems in accordance with regulations and best practices
- Provide technical support in project development, turnaround scope identification, QA/QC, installation, commissioning, start-up and work activities on all rotating equipment upgrades, repairs, and new installations.
- Develop internal and external resources and capabilities and arrange for specialized contractors and consultants to assist with improving the reliability and repairs of rotating equipment.
- Develop, mentor, and provide direction to team members in routine maintenance, reliability tools and rotating equipment best practices to improve skills for troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment and machinery failures.
- Lead and mentor employees to apply Principle Based Management (PBM) in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles and PBM Framework.
- Apply Company’s engineering practices; ensure the practices are used, remain relevant, and keep the business competitive.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three years or more of maintenance, reliability, engineering work experience in an industrial setting working with highspeed turbomachinery and reciprocating machinery in fertilizer, oil & gas, power, or petrochemical industries.
- Working knowledge of API and other applicable industry standards for rotating and reciprocating equipment, design, and field maintenance
- Understanding of engineering documents associated with rotating equipment (P&IDs, schematics, pumps, and compressor curves, etc.)
- Ability to assess rotating equipment system performance to develop and implement recommendations for improvements
- Experience with Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) methodologies and application to problem solving
- Experience with predictive and preventative (e.g., vibration/condition monitoring and other testing methods to determine asset health condition)
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and work processes for maintaining and repairing assets
- Experience specifying, applying in designs, test witnessing and troubleshooting the entire spectrum of rotating equipment including steam turbines, compressors, pumps, expanders, fans, etc.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to climb ladders, lifting 35lbs occasionally, ability to occasionally work nights or weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or higher
- Ten years or more of experience in Rotating and reciprocating Equipment Maintenance
- Experience in application of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Experience with MAXIMO CMMS
- Basic financial analysis skills for opportunity evaluation and marginal analysis
- Project engineering experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQ section at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.
This job posting is no longer active.