AREA OPERATIONS LEADER
Georgia-Pacific is always looking for strong leaders. We are now hiring an Area Operations leader for our West Coast Corrugated business. The Area Operations Leader will have overall responsibility for the operations performance of the facilities. They will have leadership responsibility for the Director of Operations at our La Mirada, Madera, Modesto, San Leandro California, and Olympia Washington Corrugated facilities. This role would report directly to the Sr. Director of Operations for Corrugated and is a home-based position in the west coast, with travel to La Mirada, Madera, Modesto, San Leandro California, and Olympia Washington.
With a manufacturing network spanning the United States, our packaging solutions meet you where you are. Our corrugated operations are intentionally placed throughout the U.S. and Mexico to best serve our customers, while also being strategically located near Georgia-Pacific Containerboard mills. Our Georgia-Pacific Recycling team picks up post-consumer content, that is then sorted and returned to our containerboard mills for re-pulping. The recycled pulp-turned-paper is then brought back to Georgia-Pacific Corrugated facilities where it can serve another customer’s need – and the cycle continues.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Our operations vision is to: “Manufacture Quality Products, On Time, at Competitive Costs with ZERO incidents”.
To advance toward this vision, we look to our Area Operations Leaders to:
- Advance our Principled Based Management culture
- Select, develop, motivate, and retain highly productive operations leaders across multiple sites
- Lead and improve our operations processes (e.g., Environment, Health and Safety, Reliability, Production, Yield, Costs, Quality, & Capital Projects, Compliance with laws and regulations)
- Identify and align operational priorities with commercial business
- Innovate and advance our competitive position
The Experience You Will Bring
- (7) seven+ years of manufacturing operations leadership experience
- Willing and able to travel domestically on average 40% of the time, with flexibility to travel up to 75% of the time as the needs of the business dictate
- Willing to relocate to the West Coast
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- (15) Fifteen + years of manufacturing operations leadership experience
- Corrugated manufacturing operations experience
- Sales leadership experience in fast moving consumer goods
- Experience with operations planning and execution
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf