Senior Electrical Engineer
Flint Hills Resources is hiring a Senior Electrical Engineer. A successful candidate for this role will be able to apply their engineering skills in a team environment to further advance our pipeline and terminals operating capability. While making tactical long-term investment and strategy decisions impacting the entire organization, successful candidates will have the opportunity for both technical and leadership growth. You will be responsible for working closely with other engineering groups to support pipeline and terminal operations, projects, and business initiatives.
This position has flexibility to be located in Wichita, KS (preferred) or Rosemount, MN (Minneapolis suburb).
Our Benefits Package Includes:
- Bonus eligible!
- Automatic 401K company contribution
- Additional 401K competitive match program
- Excellent Health benefits
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Designing and identifying opportunities for applying our power and control engineering capability in new ways that will add long-term economic value to our business and operations groups
- Supporting power and control systems projects – define scope of work, develop estimates and project schedules, manage implementation planning and mitigate risks
- Reviewing power electrical drawings related to one-line diagrams, schematics/wiring diagrams, cable schedule, area classification, layout/plot plans, elevation, piping and instrument diagrams, data sheets and similar drawings
- Providing effective engineered solutions through controlled software development and maintenance
- Assisting and troubleshooting in managing the technology support needs of business and engineering requirements as they relate to power and control systems and related applications
- Supporting pipeline and terminal operations by providing automation design, equipment specifications, training, and commissioning
- Conducting R&D on emerging technologies and identifying opportunities for applying the electrical capability to achieve superior results
- Ensuring operational excellence in environmental, safety and all other areas of compliance by understanding and applying compliance standards
- Travel up to 15% of the time that is driven by project schedule and workload, with the ability to travel on short notice as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in electrical engineering with power system equipment and design
- Experience to sustain engineering documents associated with electrical systems (e.g., one lines, panel schedules, schematics, wiring diagrams, P&IDs)
- Experience specifying electrical equipment and evaluate vendor proposals for the full spectrum of power system equipment
- Experience with codes and standards such as NFPA 70/70E and Electrical Safe Work Programs, and Hazardous Area Classification
What Will Put You Ahead
- Electrical engineering experience in an industrial setting and/or as a consultant/project manager
- Experience with application of PLC and programming languages – Modicon, Allen Bradley, or Siemens PLCs (Modicon preferred)
- Experience with pipeline or terminal systems, equipment and facilities including hardware such as Pumps, Motors, VFDs, Level/Pressure/Temperature Transmitters, etc.
- Experience with communication or networking infrastructures
- Programming experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf