CAE Project Leader
This role is open to being worked in the US.
We are building our in-house engineering subject matter expert (SME) staff in the Engineering Applications Group. We are looking for a CAE Project Leader specializing in structural mechanics. In this role, the CAE Project Leader will have the opportunity to lead development of structural performance metrics for electronics applications, using CAE methods/tools.
Molex is a global electronics leader committed to making the world a better, more-connected place. With presence in more than 40 countries, Molex enables transformative technology innovation in the automotive, data center, industrial automation, healthcare, 5G, cloud and consumer device industries. Through trusted customer and industry relationships, unrivaled engineering expertise, and product quality and reliability, Molex realizes the infinite potential of Creating Connections for Life.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop roadmaps and implement new simulation technologies that align with the needs of the business
- Develop analysis methodologies/processes and take the lead role in elevating the analysis capabilities or our simulation teams and design engineers globally
- Develop and lead material characterization testing and CAE data management
- Develop and lead process to correlation between simulation and test
- Coordinate and provide engineering analysis services, predominately with finite element analysis, to various design teams
- Communicate technical knowledge and experimental findings
- Attend trainings and conferences to ensure working knowledge is synced with latest development in simulation technologies
- Some travel, as necessary; may be required
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Material Science
- Experience with CAE modeling applications in predicting non linear structural behavior including: Stiffness, Crack initiation, Material damage, Feature breakage with metals and plastics
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Experience managing High Performance Compute Clusters
- Experience on developing CAE processes, statistical analysis and driving correlation between simulation and test
What Will Put You Ahead
- PhD in Engineering, Physics or Material Science
- Experience with tools like Digi-Mat/Converse
- Experience with injection molding simulation tools (Moldflow/Moldex3D)
- Experience with SIMULIA (ABAQUS, Isight) products
- Experience with Altair (Hyperworks, Simlab) family products
- Experience with Simulation Data Management using TeamCenter
- Proficient with analytical analysis packages (MATLAB, MATHEMATICA, etc.)
- Familiar with parametric CAD systems (UG NX, Catia, Solidworks, etc.)
- Experience mentoring and training others
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $100,000 - $140,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf