Invista Cyber Security Co-Op - Spring 2023
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, Invista, and Guardian manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
Koch has been consistently selected as one of the top 100 Internship Programs in the U.S by WayUp. This co-op opportunity will be a four-month part time co-op from January to late April, with the opportunity to transition into full time internship from late-May to early August 2023.
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op, or recent graduate there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
Come grow with us! Invista is looking for a Cyber Security co-op/intern to join our team. Koch is undergoing a rapid transformation as we quickly adopt more modern platforms that touch on every aspect of our businesses. Cyber Security, Network Operations and Operations Technology interns you will be involved in this modern transformation.
The Network and Security Teams at Koch are responsible for the critical operations firewalls, proxies and other critical platforms designed to keep the Koch enterprise network secure. That includes developing and implementing security tools, procedures, and controls.
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Work with security team to perform tests and uncover vulnerabilities
· Providing recommendations to improve cybersecurity posture going forward
· Performing knowledge transfer to prepare federal customers to defend against today’s threat landscape
· Recommend enhancements to products to optimize work processes
· Participate in creating Information Security policies, standards, procedures, best practices and provide guidance on applying them to the environment
· Continue to quickly learn new systems and products based on business needs
· Work on a team to execute project deliverables
· Creating status reports, customer reports and presentations
· Assist others in remediating vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
· Be hands on, tuning and managing cutting edge security tools
The Experience You Will Bring
· Currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program related to one of the following areas: Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cyber Security, or related IT field
· Eligible for full-time employment between August 2023 and December 2024
· Available to work 20-30 hours a week between January and early May: Primary hours between 8:00AM – 5:00 PM but will have flexibility to work around your school schedule
What Will Put You Ahead
· Initiative, natural curiosity, strong communication skills, and an aptitude for fast-paced learning
· Experience in an IT related field
· Introductory knowledge in any security domain
· Understanding of advanced persistent threats (APT) and associated tactics, targeted attacks, credential compromise techniques, technology and security principles, and knowledge of the cyber threat landscape
This role is not eligible for employment-based sponsorship
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Koch-company full time interns/co-ops are eligible for a comprehensive medical plan that comes with prescription drug coverage and expert resources including second opinions and surgery support as well as weight and diabetes management. We focus on making healthcare resources available through advanced apps, from the comfort of home. With enrollment in the medical plan you have access to a tax-free savings opportunity for healthcare expenses (Heath Savings Account).
You and all members of your household are automatically enrolled in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for professional mental health counseling, financial and legal consultations and concierge-level support for work-life balance like help finding child, elder or pet care – at no cost to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf