DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for commercial, residential and transportation applications; automotive trim; and the distribution of building products. Through its research and development centers (Science & Technology Center for glass and Advanced Development Center for automotive), Guardian is at the forefront of innovation. Its automotive trim group, SRG Global, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of chrome-plated plastic parts for the automotive, commercial truck and consumer goods industries. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
Guardian is looking for a DevOps Engineer based in Europe (remote work).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Architect, configure, deploy, automate, and support Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) processes (Octopus/Azure DevOps), pipelines and platforms.
- Responsible for deployment pipelines code reviews, best practices, and framework maintenance.
- Contributes to the development of architecture governance structures, methodologies, and compliance activities
- Design, Implement and improve zero-downtime deployments
- Work with and across multiple Agile teams to oversee development, testing, deployment, and support of technology solutions
- Monitor CI/CD builds and analyze trends to continuously improve performance and build times
- Develop and maintain confluence documentation for tools and write implementation plans
- Collaborate frequently with software developers, IT security, QA, and development
- Support and facilitate test automation practices to increase deployment frequency and improve confidence in delivered software
- Develop documentation of CI/CD pipelines and communication to dev teams on pipelines changes.
- Continuous research new technologies and tools.
- Own production incidents/issues level 2 response to application infrastructure incidents and alerts.
- Promote different teams to use DevOps and Continuous Delivery practices and processes.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous experience working with enterprise application architectures and cloud solutions.
- Experience with Amazon AWS Platform services (preferred).
- Solid skills in Azure DevOps and Octopus platforms (preferred).
- Well familiar with DevOps and Agile frameworks for delivering IT services.
- Strong organizational, communication, self-motivated and relationship building skills conducive to driving consensus; ability to work well in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work well as a member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to work with members of global, distributed teams to deliver quality services and solutions.
- Must be able to prioritize and use good judgment in decision making and time management.
- Proficient knowledge of technology appropriate to the position and a willingness to learn new skills.
What do we have to offer?
Guardian companies are committed to offer a competitive compensation package and an opportunity for you to maximize your potential. We pride ourselves in promoting career opportunities in an open environment, which encourages individual development and gives you opportunities to expand your knowledge and work as part of a global team. We offer a unique professional experience in a culture based on integrity, compliance and value creation. https://www.guardian.com/en/about_us/market_based_management.html