Flint Hills Resources Pine Bend Refinery in Rosemount, MN, located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro, is hiring for a Project Manager. This position will lead cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. This position is accountable for project planning, design development, and execution, including creation of schedules, cost estimates, and scopes of work. Projects typically range in size from $250K to $10MM.
We are looking for someone who can manage multiple projects in various phases in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations. The culture at this refinery is one of integrity and humility, where innovation and creativity are encouraged and expected.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company, we are privately owned, eligible for a flexible work arrangement and a “9/80” work schedule that offers every other Friday off and our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create. Come realize your full potential and join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Managing multiple capital projects using a Principled approach that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders
- Leading a project team consisting of multiple Capabilities including engineers, operations, construction, and vendors to ensure all aspects of the project are properly considered, including scope selection, safety, environmental, construction, operations, and reliability
- Effectively managing costs and schedule to drive toward best in industry
- Developing comprehensive project execution plans with focus on scope, cost, schedule, risk management, engineering, procurement, and construction.
- Communicating capital project status to various stakeholders within the organization
- Utilizing knowledge & experience with earned decision rights to create value in a project management environment that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders
- Utilizing skills to recognize opportunities for value creation and innovation in the project management work processes
- Infrequent turnarounds may require weekend and evening hours for project support
- Physical requirements including climbing ladders/stairs to elevated platforms
- Travel 10% as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR Project Management/Construction Management
- 3 years’ experience (internships included) involving projects in refining, chemical, or a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience and leadership skills to develop and lead high performing teams while proactively removing constraints
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years’ Project work experience in a refinery or petrochemical environment
- Project Management Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf