Machine Shop/Sheet Metal Lead
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion has an immediate opportunity for a Sheet Metal/Machine Shop Lead for 2nd shift Monday - Thursday 3:30pm – 2:00am and overtime as needed to meet manufacturing deadlines.
The successful candidate will bring a positive attitude and work alongside the department team to meet manufacturing demands while being committed to and actively involved in our Safety and Quality programs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading and assisting Sheet Metal Technicians and Machine Tool Operators
- Manage the workload flow in the departments and assume responsibility over shift schedule
- Assisting technicians and operators with first article inspections and quality compliance
- Assure that work orders are completed and closed before moving downstream
- Actively participate in John Zink Hamworthy Combustion safety program
- Providing production and support to meet customer and company goals
- Ensure all processes are carried out with the required use of safety controls and PPE Required
- Manage and maintain a clean shop and work areas
The Experience You Will Bring
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, engineering environment, military environment or similar industry
- Previous experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP)
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and details
- Ability to use basic inspection tools and gauges including calipers, micrometers and tape measures
- Work Overtime as needed / required
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Basic machine knowledge including preventive maintenance
- Sheet metal shop experience
- Machine shop experience
- Loud, noisy fabrication work environment
- Ability to squat, bend and lift up to 50 lbs
Come solve some of the greatest industrial challenges of our time. You see, as attitudes surrounding ecological responsibility have changed, regulations have become more challenging. This means companies worldwide are turning to us at John Zink, part of Koch Engineered Solutions, for cost-effective and environmentally friendly solutions to improve their everyday processes. Lucky for them, we pride ourselves on turning our customer's complex problems into easy solutions and we are looking for the right people to help us drive this vision.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf