Electrical Systems Manager - Remote
Georgia-Pacific Wood Products, LLC is seeking a dynamic and experienced Electrical Systems Manager for the Lumber Division. This position is a rewarding combination of hands-on technical and project support along with talent development and coaching of electrical and controls skills in the mills. This position has electrical and control responsibilities for 4-6 lumber manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina, South Carolina, Northeast Florida, and Georgia. The role can be located remotely in the Southeast Region, and depending on manager location, travel could be up to 75%.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide safety leadership and drive a culture that is based on continuous improvement.
- Ensure each facility’s electrical systems are operating reliably, efficiently, and in compliance with all electrical safety regulations
- Support mill personnel in problem solving & troubleshooting of PLC’s, vision systems, mill information systems, electrical distribution equipment, and manufacturing processes.
- Develop mill electrical and controls capabilities through training and mentoring.
- Explore and capture opportunities (both capital and non-capital) that create value for the mills.
- Assist regional engineers with implementation of capital projects.
- Facilitate Root Cause Failure Analysis where appropriate
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience managing Process Control Technicians and Electrical Technicians
- Experience managing large capital budget projects ($25 million or more)
- Experience managing projects and employees at multiple sites
- Demonstrated, hands-on, experience with Rockwell or Allen Bradley PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Servo Drive programming experience
- Willing and able to travel up to 75%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting plant electrical distribution systems
- Knowledge of electrical safe work practices – NFPA 70e
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf