Senior Cloud Security Engineer (Remote)
This job posting is no longer active.
KBX Technology Solutions provides logistics solutions for its customers through innovative technology that help deliver actionable intelligence, eliminate waste and redundancies, and create greater operational efficiencies in the marketplace. KBX Technology Solutions is a subsidiary of KBX – a Koch Industries Inc. company – and complements all KBX subsidiaries (Rail, Logistics, and International) to drive enhanced data and analytics across the global supply chain for customers. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America, with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes.
As the Senior Cloud Security Engineer you will lead the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of the KBXT Cloud Platform identity and security program by developing capabilities and providing experienced guidance pertaining to development of secure, cloud-based, multi-tenant application and data services. Partner with product and architecture teams to educate, evangelize, and validate secure development practices. Be accountable for securing enterprise information by identifying network and application security requirements, planning, implementing, and testing security controls and procedures. Build knowledge across the team in how to better secure, monitor, and respond to cybersecurity threats and incidents across our environment. Provide Identity Access Management (IAM) technical direction and strategy, ensuring that identity & access solutions are delivered effectively and efficiently produce the desired business value and security outcomes. Collaborate with the KBXT Platform Strategy team to establish the strategic IAM and security capabilities for the entire lifecycle of our application and data services.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work closely with KBXT architects and engineers, and KGS Security and Compliance teams, to design and develop cloud-based security capabilities, focusing on Identity and Access Management (IAM), Data Encryption and Protection, Network Security, and Cloud Platform Security.
- Drive implementation, maintenance, and remediation of controls and reporting for SOC2 audit/compliance initiatives
- Research emerging security technologies and propose innovative, cutting-edge solutions to improve KBXT security posture and capabilities continuously.
- Develop functional and design specifications to support product requirements; produce and maintain documentation to support solutions that you have developed/deployed to aid in the support of the solution
- Collaborate on development of component-level test plans and automation to validate security functionalities
- Analyze threats and current security controls to identify gaps in defensive security posture
- Work independently, or within the construct of a platform product team, to understand the technical requirements of our product teams to deliver creative solutions which meet or exceed those needs
- Monitor and audit cloud security infrastructure to identify areas of improvement, reliability, cost savings, etc.
- Automating our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our Cyber Security standards
- Building strong relationships with Product Owners/Managers that promotes value exchange
- Lead, mentor, and communicate technical recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences
- Troubleshooting and providing technical support services
- Ability to self-motivate and ability to lead and drive technical initiatives within the organization with limited direction
- Apply critical thinking skills and the courage to challenge conventional approaches to solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Work with distributed cloud services, networking, architecture, protocols, file systems, and Linux operating systems.
- Continuing education of new security technologies and concepts
- Provide excellent organizational, problem-solving, strategic thinking and decision making, and planning skills
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences and provide customer service as required
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in software OR cloud development using web APIs and languages such as C++ OR Java OR Python
- Experience in technologies related to Identity and Access Management (IAM), Encryption, PKI, CI/CD Security, security logging, and monitoring
- Experience working with Kubernetes and container-based environments
- Experience in designing and implementing cloud security capabilities within AWS OR GCP OR Azure
- Experience implementing and reporting on security frameworks to meet compliance or audit needs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Pertinent AWS Certifications and/or educational background
- Practical experience implementing, monitoring, and auditing IT security compliance and frameworks tied to SOC2/ISO/CSA/CCM/CIS frameworks
- Knowledge of Cloud Security Posture Management tools (InsightSEC, PrismaCloud, Turbot, etc)
- Experience working within large organizations and educating product teams on best practices
- Knowledge of IGA (Identify Governance and Administration) to meet both enterprise and customer/consumer IT federation requirements
- Experience applying security risk assessment methodology to system development, including threat model development, vulnerability assessments, and resultant security risk analysis
- Experience in DevOps environments working with and influencing developers to maintain security through CI/CD processes
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $ 120000 - $ 170000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.