INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
INVISTA is looking for an Industrial Hygienist to join our team at our Orange, TX intermediate chemicals facility. This individual’s role is to develop and advance the facility’s Industrial Hygiene and Product Stewardship programs to ensure compliance with all State, Federal and corporate regulations, policies, and procedures.
This role is eligible for sign on and relocation incentives.
This role works a 9/80 schedule.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advance Industrial Hygiene programs, procedures, and compliance training.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative exposure assessments and pro-actively identify industry health hazards.
- Play an active role in the identification of hazards and the implementation of regulatory, health and safety, and other program changes.
- Provide management and leadership timely and thorough reporting of all incidents to ensure all incidents are investigated properly.
- Develop, coordinate, and administer training programs for training employees on new or changing policies and procedures.
- Train facility employees in matters pertaining to occupational health/safety and the prevention of accidents, including personal protective equipment, respiratory protection, hearing conservation, hazard communication and radiation safety.
- Ongoing development of auditing programs to determine facility compliance in the areas of industrial hygiene/safety.
- Collects facility data for chemical and physical exposure levels, reports findings and proposes solutions.
- Complete assessments of Federal, State and Local Industrial Hygiene rules & regulations and determines their impact on the facility and communicates changes to the appropriate people and departments as appropriate.
- Conduct gap analysis of the processes against Product Stewardship Compliance Standard
- Ensure INVISTA Product Stewardship and Compliance Assurance processes are implemented by working closely with Intermediates Product Steward where INVISTA specific processes are established
- Develop and implement functional specific processes, procedures and tools where needed to meet the expectations of the Product Stewardship Compliance Standard
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) plus years’ experience in an Industrial Hygiene practice
- Ability to obtain Certified Industrial Hygienist certification required
- Able to travel ~15% of the time to off-site locations or other business functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in Petrochemical or Oil Refining plant operations
- B.S. Degree in Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Safety and Health degree
- Radiation Safety Officer Certification
- Strong working knowledge of Industrial Hygiene practices, preferably within a petrochemical or oil refining plant operations
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf