INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
INVISTA is seeking an Instrument Engineer to support the Asset Management group at our Houston Chemical Plant (HCP). Houston Chemical was the first Catofin propane dehydrogenation plant in the United States, and worldwide, we remain the most productive Catofin plant in our size class.
This role will work a 9/80 schedule and is eligible for relocation incentives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design and provide installation assistance of instruments across the site.
- Assist instrument technicians and operations with troubleshooting of instruments.
- Perform Root Cause Analyses on instrumentation failures and provide recommendations for corrective actions.
- Support commissioning activities for small cap projects, large cap projects, and site turnarounds.
- Communicate with external partners and internal resources across Koch Industries on instrumentation technology.
- Maintain knowledge of INVISTA Houston’s process and proactively recommend solution that create value.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- 3+ years of experience as an Instrument Engineer in a process industry such as refining or petrochemicals
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of experience as an Instrument Engineer in a process industry such as refining or petrochemicals
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf