Maintenance Manager- Gurdon Plywood
Maintenance Manager- Gurdon Arkansas
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Manager at our Plywood facility in Gurdon, Arkansas. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and guiding the business goals, plans, and processes for the maintenance department. This leader will use knowledge to develop and carry out objectives, solve problems, and be able to respond to short-term as well as long term department and mill goals.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure that the mill’s maintenance is meeting the objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service. The candidate will lead and support preventative maintenance programs and provide technical support for troubleshooting to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies.
Georgia-Pacific in Gurdon, AR manufactures pine plywood panels and siding that are ideal for residential and light commercial construction. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Accountable for the safety performance of the maintenance area while promoting personal accountability for working safely and addressing safety concerns in all areas of the mill.
- Develop and implement maintenance and improvement strategies while managing within the allotted goals and budgets.
- Manage workflow processes, planning/scheduling through Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Help employees understand who their customers are and how their work directly impacts spending and mill profits/losses.
- Demonstrate results by working effectively with other mill leaders and resources to improve year over year results.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a maintenance field in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory/management experience
- Experience in leading improvement efforts in Maintenance, Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Experience using a CMMS system for daily activities
- Able to read mechanical, structural, and electrical drawings
- Experience utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem-solving tools
- Experience using MS Office (MS Word: creating, editing, formatting documents, preparing reports and tables MS Excel: creating, modifying spreadsheets, using functions, filters, graphs to analyze data)
- Able to relocate to another Discrete Manufacturing facility (located regionally) in an estimated 12-18 months
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an accredited academic program
- Knowledgeable in the areas of PLC’s, conveyor systems, breakers, boilers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience in welding, machining, industrial design, and equipment rigging
- Ability to type 50+ words/minute
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf