Senior Compliance Specialist
The Pipeline and Terminals Operations Group at Flint Hills Resources is looking for a Senior Compliance Specialist to join our Pipeline Compliance Team.
This role will be responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal and State regulations. This includes interpreting and communicating existing and proposed regulations, coordinating and facilitating regulatory compliance inspections, ownership of key compliance programs, and being the point of contact for questions regarding regulatory interpretations and applicability.
This role can sit in the following locations: Corpus Christi- TX, Rosemount- MN or Wichita- KS.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform regulatory applicability reviews, interpretations, compliance program support and oversight to ensure effective and sustainable implementation of regulatory requirements are met
- Prepare for and lead inspections, including post- inspection agency correspondence
- Respond to agency requests and prepare reports for submittal
- Review pending and upcoming regulations to ensure implementation of regulatory requirements are met Develop and implement programs and systems to efficiently ensure regulatory compliance
- Proactive development of trusting relationships with regulatory agencies
- Identify, develop, and coordinate revisions of company procedures to ensure compliance with current regulations and new or pending regulatory changes and emerging issues
- Being an active team member and champion of management of change - including project design reviews, operations and maintenance and program/procedure changes
- Perform site assessments, including on-site visits supporting operations in the application of applicable regulations
- Developing and maintain a working knowledge of pipeline operations, maintenance and asset design and installations
- Compliance program owner responsible and accountable for successful application of varied compliance programs, and specific business assets, with a focus on value added results achieved.
- Active member of the emergency response on-call support and incident management team for event response
- Various other responsibilities will include system sustainability improvement, work management systems, and training
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least five (5) years of compliance experience - including regulatory interpretations, compliance program and system development
- Experience preparing for and participating in regulatory inspections and audits
- Experience communicating and building relationships with various operational teams and leadership
- Experience working with various software/operating systems (i.e., Microsoft Suite or other compliance management system)
- Willing to travel up to 25%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in the pipeline industry
- Experience with Federal and State DOT Pipeline and Hazardous Materials regulations, including but not limited to Operations and Maintenance, Operator Qualification, Public Awareness, Control Room Management
- Experience with formal and technical writing; including writing guidance documents, responding to regulatory agencies
- Experience with results-based compliance program ownership – including developing, implementing and maintaining manuals/programs
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf