Recycled Commodity Trader (Plastic Focused)– Home Based
Georgia-Pacific Recycling, a subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific, is one of the largest recycled commodity trading companies in the world. GP Recycling purchases and sells millions of tons of recycled fiber, off- specification rolls, plastic and metal commodities every year. GP Recycling provides its domestic and international customer base with a reliable source of quality recovered wastepaper, rolls, plastic and metal commodities by developing markets and logistics solutions for generators and other suppliers of such recycled materials.
GP Recycling is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to develop and expand the company’s post-industrial plastic business. We are looking for an individual with a strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced and competitive sales environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop supply to feed our demand locations
- Support existing plastic programs
- Prospect and build profitable new business that can be scalable
- Build long-term relationships with suppliers to develop and expand growth opportunities
- Adapt and grow your understanding of the competitive landscape
- Work with and through cross-functional teams to achieve success
- Utilize economic and critical thinking skills to achieve sustainable long-term success
- Provide excellent customer focus to result in client satisfaction
- Conduct all affairs lawfully and with integrity
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 year or more of experience in building relationships and trading post-industrial plastic grades
- Experience in Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to travel up to 30%
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 3 years of experience procuring, selling or trading plastics
- Post-industrial plastic trading experience
Established relationships with both suppliers and customers in the plastic space
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $90,000 - $130,000per year . This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf