Civil/Structural Project Engineer
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civil / Structural Project Engineer to join our team at our Wauna paper mill in Clatskanie, OR. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual and display personal ownership of Safety, Manufacturing, and Operational initiatives while working effective in a Team Environment to create the greatest long-term value for GP.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading the development and execution of capital and major maintenance projects based on management direction and departmental input
- Developing accurate investment proposals for capital and major maintenance ventures
- Developing and managing the project scope, schedule, estimate, and risk management plan
- Engaging appropriate Georgia Pacific corporate capability groups (legal, project group, risk management, engineering etc.)
- Working with internal customers to develop opportunities to improve competitive position
- Working with management to develop annual capital plans to forecast short and long-term capital projects
- Following all purchasing standard operating procedures
- Managing projects requiring coordination between outside consultants, contractors, and mill personnel
- Staying current with up-to-date technology applicable to areas of responsibility
- Utilizing strategic thinking skills and motivational approach to guide teams through challenges
- Utilizing solid interpersonal skills to effectively facilitate team meetings
- Act as SME for mill projects involving civil and structural design and construction to include building, sewer, and bridges
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering
- Three or more years of experience as a Civil/Structural design engineer, project engineer, or project manager
- Three years of project management experience in an industrial environment
- Experience working on cross functional teams
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five or more years of experience as a Civil/Structural design engineer, project engineer, or project manager
- P.E. license with Civil or Structural focus
- Experience with developing accurate investment proposals for capital and major maintenance ventures
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf